The average number of students in any given class is usually below twelve, so the teacher / student ration helps us all to develop a creative interactive dialogue. Our students enjoy personalized instruction from the industry professional professors that instruct the courses. PAA students come from many different countries and backgrounds and bring a wide range of viewpoints, special interest and talent to enrich the learning community. PAA structures its degree programs and course content to be practical and applicable in today’s real world. Emphasis is on the development of skills and accrual of knowledge that will be key in the pursuit of your desired professional field. The Paris American Academy is most proud of the accomplishments of our graduates and the achievements of our alumni in their respective fields.
The Paris American Academy’s goal is to prepare students academically, personally and professionally for successful careers. The programs, policies and teaching methods have been designed to implement this philosophy and are evaluated periodically and changed as necessary, to meet the needs of our students and to ever changing professional sector.
At PAA, you’ll learn from professors with real-world experience in the fields that they teach. They’ll share accumulated knowledge and offer relevant, meaningful support as you focus on your future and make plans for your career after you graduate.
We would be pleased to welcome you, if you are in the Paris area and would like to set an appointment to come tour the school please email the Admissions department here : firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our programs are taught in English, as we receive students from all over the world. During their studies, students can benefit from French language course integrated into their programs. We are proud of the bilingual tradition of our school which almost every year groups together more then 20 different nationalities.
We work closely with a shuttle service and can arrange a pick up for you from the airport to the school.
Please fill out the following Paris Shuttle Reservation Form.pdf and fax it to the
following number +33 (0)1 44 41 99 29
each year in Paris that relate to my field of study?
We try to encourage the students to get involved in extra-curricular activities to complement their learning. The following is a sample of what you may attend while following your program.
- JANUARY - Meuble Paris, Maison et Objet, Couture Shows, Now Design, Menswear Shows, Who’s Next, Pret a Porter
- FEBRUARY - Premier Vision
- MARCH - Women’s Ready to Wear Shows, Book Fair
- APRIL / MAY - Foire de Paris
- JUNE - Menswear Shows
- JULY / AUGUST- 14th July Bastille Day celebrations, Paris Plage, Open-air cinema festival.
- SEPTEMBER - Maison et Objet, Premier Vision, Now Design, Jour de Patrimoine, Pret-a-Porter, Who’s Next
- OCTOBER - Pret-a-porter, Nuit Blanche, Les Puces du Design, Women’s Ready to Wear Shows
- NOVEMBER - Batimat
that happen around Paris during fashion week?
Yes, the Academy is often called upon for fashion students to help backstage at various fashion shows throughout the year.
I can expect to pay for supplies?
Stationary and art supplies are more expensive in Paris than in other major cities worldwide and you are advised to bring with you as much as possible, without encumbering yourself unduly. We estimate the full cost of materials for the Academic Year for students in Fashion and Architecture to be 800 euros. You may qualify for 5% to 15% discount in certain art shops upon presentation of the PAA Student Card. Rather than having you buy books, PAA encourages you make use of the wealth of public libraries which abound in Paris.
The following shops are recommended for the purchase of art supplies. They are all within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Academy.
- Adam 11, rue Edgar Quinet 75014
- Les Amis des Artistes 48, rue Vavin 75006
- Berty 49, rue Claude Bernard 75005 (the closest one)
- Casteluchio Diana 125, blvd. Monparnasse 75006
- Dubois‐Merlin‐Denis 20, rue Soufflot 75005 Paris
- Gattegno 13, rue de la Grande Chaumiere
- Sennelier 3, quai Voltaire 75007 & 4 bis, rue de la Grande Chaumier 75006
- Charbonnel 13, quai Montebello 75005
- Joseph Gibert St. Michel 75005
- Drawing Supplies: Dubois, Berty, Gilbert, and Damours.
- Crayons : Charbonnel, Berty, Gibert
- Transfer Paper : Charbonnel, Gibert
- Items such as typing paper, sepia, cheap brushes and water colour paper, tracing paper, erasers can quickly and easily be obtained at the news stand at 18 rue des Feuillantines.