Last updated 13 December, 2018
By accessing the website at https://www.parisamericanacademy.fr, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Paris American Academy’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Paris American Academy’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Paris American Academy at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Paris American Academy’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Paris American Academy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Paris American Academy does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Paris American Academy or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Paris American Academy’s website, even if Paris American Academy or a Paris American Academy authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Paris American Academy website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Paris American Academy does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Paris American Academy may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Paris American Academy does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Paris American Academy has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Paris American Academy of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Paris American Academy may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Paris and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Paris American Academy’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://www.parisamericanacademy.fr.
We do not share your personal information with third-parties, except where required by law or when consent has been provided you. We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
We do not store your personal information on our servers unless it is required for providing a service to you. What we store, we will protect within commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. For statistical purpose, we may collect website usage information and store it in log files. These logs files will contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and the like. This information is used internally to administer our website and to gather demographic information about our user base.
How is your data collected
Paris American Academy collects data in two ways; Actively and Passively.
Actively collected data is information voluntarily provided by you by submitting a web form, registering and submitting an application, or by communicating with our company and it is obvious what data you are volunteering.
Passively collected data is information collected behind the scenes such as the pages you visit on our website, or the advertising campaign that brought you to our website.
We do not use passively-collected information to determine your identity. Your identity is voluntarily provided by you, via an ‘active’ method.
More specific details on the methods we use to collect data are described below.
When you submit a web form, register an application, submit an application, or any other web form on www.parisamericanacademy.fr, the information submitted in the form is collected. Generally, this will include:
Your first and last name.
Your email address.
Your phone number.
Application forms request other information, such as your date of birth, you residential address, your language, your education experience, your interests and ambitions, your high school certifications, your CV/resume, your portfolio as it relates to the faculty you are applying for, your passport, or your credit card details if submitting an application for Bachelor or Semester programs and paying the deposit for summer workshops.
Passively Submitted Information
Advertising Campaign information that is not visible on our website forms may also be submitted along with the visible information in our web forms.
- Campaign Name
- Source (e.g. Google, Bing etc)
- Medium (e.g. Paid Search, Organic Search, Referral)
- The search term you entered into search engine that bought you to the site.
- The content of the Advertisement that bought you to the site.
- Your Public IP Address
- Browser Type
- Internet Service Provider Address
- Referring page
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp when you submitted the form
There are different fee and deposit structures for the programs at Paris American Academy that may need to be paid upon submission or acceptance into a program.
In our Bachelor and Semester Programs, we collect an application fee of 70€ which is payable upon submission of your application. This fee is applicable for all programs excluding the summer workshops. This fee is non-refundable.
There is no application fee for summer workshop applicants; however, students are required to pay a deposit of 250€/$300 upon acceptance in order to reserve a spot in the summer workshop program.
Cookies and Beacons
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers also allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web beacons (tracking pixels) are tiny transparent images embedded in ads on web pages to track how many users visit our website or view our digital ad to help us understand how users are interacting with our website.
Web Beacons and Cookies in Use:
Paris American Academy currently use the following cookies and beacons:
- Google Analytics – Privacy Information / Opt-Out. (We have enabled IP Anonymization in Google Analytics)
- Twitter Analytics, Twitter Conversion Tracking – Privacy Information / Opt-Out or change your Twitter preferences.
- Hotjar – Privacy Information / Opt-Out.
- LinkedIn Insights, LinkedIn Ads – Privacy Information / Opt-Out or change your LinkedIn Advertising Preferences.
- Facebook Signal, Facebook Pixel, Facebook Custom Audiences – Opt-out or change your Facebook preferences.
- MailChimp Goal Tracking Privacy Information / Opt-Out.
Other essential services in use that may set cookies:
Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is used to manage and serve the above beacons throughout pages on our website. Without this, we cannot control which beacons or cookies to enable or disable. Privacy Information.
How and why Paris American Academy uses your data
Directly collected information on our website is important to us to make sure you receive all the information necessary to use our services. You have landed on the Paris American Academy website and performed a ‘positive action’ by applying for or requesting more information about our workshops or semester and bachelor programs, so we need to be able to contact you to provide you with the service or information you have requested.
Your voluntarily submitted contact details are used to:
- Provide you with Paris American Academy’s services (such as processing applications, payments, and sending application status details).
- Respond to your requests and questions.
- Communicate updates to our programs and workshops.
- Communicate issues in our programs or workshops.
- Communicate support and useful information about your application status.
- Request your involvement in improving our programs and workshops.
- For our staff to communicate with you directly.
Information collected during your application submission is used to screen all applications for approval and acceptance into our workshops and/or programs.
Data submitted to us in a request for more information or support with application submissions is used purely for responding to queries and resolving any issues. Your data is shared with members of of administration and student enrollment teams only, and is never shared externally. In any rare situation where it is required to share your data externally, this will only be done with your express permission.
Passively collected information is important to us to make sure we are not wasting our money or time on marketing methods that do not work, or building web pages that no one looks at. This allows us to focus our efforts in the right places, and build better products and services for you.
Passively collected information is used to:
- Provide us information about website usability, user interaction and number of users.
- Track and analyze trends and patterns to improve our website and online ads.
- Help us identify you as a repeat visitor.
- Provide you information on our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with more relevant advertising online.
- Manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Gather demographic information about our user base.
How does the data we collect affect you?
If we have collected direct information from you, you may receive emails from Paris American Academy to update you on our programs and workshops, and emails or phone calls from employees at Paris American Academy to make sure you are happy with our programs or workshops and to answer your questions or issues.
If we have collected passive information from you, you may see advertising messages from Paris American Academy when visiting other websites. This data is not personally identifiable but does make up the statistics Paris American Academy uses to analyze website activity. For example, your browsing activity on our website will count towards the ‘number of sessions’ and ‘number of unique visitors’ on our website.
Who Paris American Academy shares your data with
Authorized service providers
Paris American Academy uses some authorized service providers to collect and store your data.
For example, the data you submit in forms on our website is collected securely in the web form builder software we use, before it is securely posted to our customer relationship management software and our email marketing provider.
Paris American Academy only uses authorized service providers that guarantee compliance with the GDPR, and where we have signed a binding Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with them.
We may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
- Providing customer support
- Providing customer relationship management (CRM)
- Fulfilling application submissions
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing email marketing
- Reselling and distributing information about our programs and workshops
- Providing marketing assistance
- Supporting our website functionality
- Delivering program or workshop information packs
Although these service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, they have entered into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Paris American Academy Employees
Individual Paris American Academy employees also have access to the data you have submitted to us, either actively or passively. We have policies in place to ensure your data remains secure and confidential and is never shared with third-parties without your express permission.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have any questions about the data we have collected from you, you can make a subject access request, or request erasure (forget me), by contacting our Data Privacy Officer directly at email@example.com
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
When you submit your details on our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by using the Unsubscribe option via our email marketing provider.
You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure.
We want you to feel confident using our website and our software. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/ for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address or share it with another user, you may receive unsolicited messages.
We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you post or otherwise share with other users, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside Of Europe
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Paris American Academy
275 Rue Saint Jacques